30 March 2012, 7.55 PM.
Two Warragul residents escaped injury this morning when a smoke alarm warned them of a fire in their house.
A smoke alarm woke the pair, who were sleeping when the fire started at their Alford Street home.
Warragul and Drouin Fire Brigades were informed of the fire at about 2.45 AM, arriving to find the front of the house alight.
Fire fighters quickly contained to blaze to the front room.
The Herald Sun is reporting police are treating the fire as suspicious.
This is the second time this month a smoke alarm has saved a life in Warragul; an elderly woman escaped a fire in her Ista Street house on the 16th when a smoke alarm woke her and alerted neighbours to the fire.
The Warragul Fire Brigade is reminding everyone to change their smoke alarm batteries when they adjust their clocks for daylight savings this Sunday.
-Report by William Kulich.
Keep up-to-date with The Warragul Citizen via:
Daily email updates: [Click Here] (Please ensure you verify your email address.)
Join the discussion on this story at The Warragul Citizen forums: [Click Here].
Stay updated with The Warragul Citizen: Via email (recommended). Via Facebook.
Share this article: